Usage Agreement for the East coast Free Economic Zone
Part 1 General Provisions
- Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of this agreement is tprescribe the usage terms, procedures, rights of members, duties, responsibilities, and other necessary matters for all of the services (hereinafter referred tas ‘services’) of the East coast Free Economic Zone office website (hereinafter referred tas ‘Website’) of Korea offered by the East coast Free Economic Zone office (hereinafter referred tas ‘Office’) pursuant tthe Telecommunications Business Act and its enforcement ordinance.
- Article 2 (Validity and Change of Agreement)
This Website provides you with services under the condition that you have agreed tthis agreement. In the event that you agree tthe terms of this agreement, the terms of this agreement will be given prior application for the act of services being provided by this Website and for the act of using these services. The Website may change the agreement without prior notice and the changed agreement will be notified within the Website for the user tcheck for themselves. In the event that the user does not agree tthe changed terms, the user may cancel (withdraw) from the membership registration, but if use is continued, it will be deemed as consent tthe changed agreement. The changed agreement shall be effective as soon as it is announced.
- Article 3 (Regulations Besides Agreement)
This agreement shall be applied together with user regulations and separate agreements for services provided by this Website. Matters not specified in this agreement shall be in accordance with the Telecommunications Basic Act, Telecommunication Business Act, regulations by the Korea Internet Safety Commissions, Telecommunications Ethics Code, Protection Act of Programs, and other related laws and regulations.
- Article 4 (Definition of Terms)
The definitions of terms used in this agreement are as follows.
- User: Person whreceives services provided by this Website according tthis agreement
- Subscription : Act of entering corresponding information in the application provided by this Website and completing the service use contract by consenting tthis agreement
- Member : Person (including Koreans living overseas and foreigners living in Korea) or corporate body whregistered as members by providing relevant information such as personal information on this Website and whcan use the services provided by this Website.
- Password : Combination of letters and numbers set by the user for the purpose of checking whether the user and member ID are consistent and tprotect the person’s privacy on cyberspace
- Withdrawal : Act of terminating agreement by the member
Part 2 Provision and Use of Services
- Article 5 (Establishment of Usage Contract)
The usage contract is established by completely entering the matters required in the application form provided by the Website by the applicant online. The Website can cancel subscription for usage contracts when falling under any of the following.
- When applying using the name of a different person
- When applying by falsifying the usage contract application
- When applying with the purpose of undermining social peace and order or public morals
- When engaging in behavior that interrupts the use of this website by other users or wrongfully using information
- When engaging in behavior that is prohibited by law or this agreement by using this Website
- In the event that the conditions for application for use prescribed by the Website are lacking, entry intthe usage contract can be put off until the reasons stated below are addressed. Services provided by this Website are as follows and the services prescribed below can be changed by notifying the user of the changed services.
- All services developed by this Website or provided through cooperation with other institutes
- Article 6 (Consent tUse of Member Information)
This Website’s privacy protection policies are applied tthe personal information of members. Member information of this Website are collected, used, managed and protected as follows.
- Collection of Personal Information : This Website collects information on you using the information that you provided when joining membership for the services of this Website
- Use of Personal Information : This Website does not disclose or distribute personal information of the member collected in relation tthe provision of services tthird parties. However, in the event that there is a request made by a state institute according tthe regulations of the Telecommunications Basic Act, in the case that there is a request by the Korea Internet Safety Commission for the purpose of criminal investigations, in the case that there is a request according tprocedures prescribed by other related laws, or in the case that you voluntarily discloser your personal information that you provided tthe Website, this shall not apply. Furthermore, in the event that it is necessary in relation tthe comprehensive management of member information between this Website and the websites of other administrative institutes, personal information may be provided tother administrative institutes
- Management of Personal Information : You can edit/delete your personal information at any time at the personal information management menu of the services for the protection and management of your personal information. You can alschange/modify parts that you deem unnecessary among the information transmitted.
- Protection of Personal Information : Only you may peruse/edit/delete your personal information. This is managed solely by your ID and password. Therefore, you should never share your ID and password with others and make sure tlogout once you are done, and then close the web browser window (this is important tprotect your information especially when using computers in public areas such as internet cafes or libraries where computers are shared). Application for use according tthe agreement for this Website by the member is deemed as consent for collection and use of member information entered in the application according tthe agreement of this Website
- Article 7 (Information Security of User)
From the moment that the applicant completes the Website service subscription procedure, you are responsible tsafeguard the information you entered. You are solely responsible for all results that may occur by using the member ID and password. The member is responsible for managing the ID and password and in the event that you discover that your ID and password was wrongfully used, you must immediately report such incident tthe Website. You will be responsible for any results that may occur by not reporting the incident. Users should completely disconnect from the Website after using the services. All losses or damages resulting from use of your information by a third party due tnot terminating the sessions shall not be the responsibility of the Website.
- Article 8 (Service Usage Hours)
The hours of services shall be twenty-fours a day, all year round, unless there are special circumstances related tthe operations or technical difficulties of the Website. The aforementioned usage hours shall exclude the days or hours designated by the Website for regular maintenance, etc.
- Article 9 (Suspension of Services and Storage and Use of Information )
The contents of services provided by the East coast Free Economic Zone are as follows. This Website shall not be held responsible in the event that messages or other communications stored or transmitted through the Website services are not save or deleted due tnational emergencies, blackouts, service malfunctions of the management range of the Website, or other forces majeure. The Website may suspend services giving a one week notice in the event that the services need tbe temporarily suspended due tdifficulties in providing normal services, and the Website shall not be held responsible in the event that the user is not aware of this temporary suspension. If necessary, the advanced notice may be shortened or omitted. In addition, in the event that messages or communications saved or transmitted in this service is not saved or deleted due tthe suspension of services, in the case that it is not transmitted, or in the case that communication data are lost, the Website shall not be held responsible. In the event that the Website’s services must be stopped permanently, it shall be in accordance with clause 2. However, in this case, the advanced notice shall be one month. The Website may temporarily edit, change or suspend services after advanced notice, and the Website shall not be held responsible tyou, the user, or any third party pertaining tthis. In the event that the user engages in behavior that violates this agreement, the Website may arbitrarily restrict or suspend use of services. In this case, the Website may prohibit access of the said user.
- Article 10 (Change and Cancelation of Services)
The Website shall not be held responsible for profits or losses gained by using this service or for damages incurred by the information acquired through the services. Furthermore, the Website shall not be held responsible the reliability or accuracy of the information, data or facts posted on the service by members. This Website shall not be held responsible for any damages incurred by members due tthe intent or negligence of members in relation tthe use of these services.
- Article 11 (Provision of Information and Posting Advertisements)
The Website can provide various information through its services tmembers. The Website can alspost PR or advertisements that the Website deems appropriate for the services.
- Article 12 (Copyrights of Posts Submitted tthe Website)
The copyrights of the contents that you post are reserved for you. The Website possesses the right tedit or move posted contents without prior notice. In the following cases, they may be deleted without notice.
- In the case that the post violates the agreement of the services or are deemed tof common information, or obscene or vulgar
- In the case that it slanders or defames other members or third parties
- In the case that it is violation of public order or public morals
- In the case that it is judged tbe connected tcriminal behavior
- In the case that it violates the copyrights or any other rights of third parties
- In the case that it violates any other related laws, you will be solely responsible for all civil and criminal charges that may occur by your post violating the copyrights of others.
- Article 13 (User’s Code of Conduct and Service Use Restrictions)
In the event that it is judged that the information that you have posted are false, or in the event that there is reasonable cause tsuspect as such, the Website may suspend your usage, part or in full, of the services. The Website shall not be held responsible for any loss or damages that may occur due tthis. You shall be held responsible for all types of information posted, transmitted or collected through methods including but not limited tposting, transmitting, collecting or through e-mails or other methods through the services of this Website, and the Website shall not be held liable in any way. This Website does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or quality of contents provided by members or other institutes, unless they are services provided directly by this Website. Therefore, this Website shall not be held responsible for any and all losses or damages that you may incur by using the above contents. By using these services you agree not tengage in the following actions.
- Wrongful use of other’s ID and password
- Transmitting, posting, e-mailing or using other methods ttransmit contents that are obscene, vulgar, insulting, threatening or otherwise in violation of the privacy of others
- Disguising the source of the contents transmitted through the services
- Act of posting, e-mailing or using other methods contents that cannot be used according tlaws or the agreement
- Act of posting, e-mailing or using other methods ttransmit contents that may violate the patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights of others
- Act of posting, e-mailing or using other methods ttransmit advertisements, promotions, junk-mail, spam, chain letters, recommendation of pyramid organizations, etc without the approval of the Website.
- In the event that it judged that the personal information of other users were collected or stored or otherwise in violation of this agreement, the Website may delete all information relevant tthe services without the consent of the user.
Part 3 Duties and Responsibilities
- Article 14 (Responsibilities of the Website)
The Website has the responsibility not tengage in behavior prohibited by law or this agreement, or that is in violation of public morals, and shall strive tprovide continuous and stable services. This website shall not disclose or distribute the personal information of members without consent. However, in the event that there is a request made by a state institute according trelated telecommunication laws , this shall not apply. Furthermore, in the event that it is necessary in relation tthe comprehensive management of member information between this Website and the websites of other administrative institutes, personal information may be provided tother administrative institutes. This Website must be equipped with a security system tprotect the personal information (including credit information) of users sthat users may safely use the services provided by this Website. This Website shall not be held responsible for interruptions in use of services due treasons attributable tthe user.
- Article 15 (Responsibilities of Members)
Information requested at the time of signing up for membership must be entered accurately. Members must alsmaintain and update the information provided tthe latest versions and members must not provide their ID and password tthird parties. Members may not engage in any profit-seeking actions using these services without the prior consent of the Website. Members may not copy, reproduce, alter, translate, publish, broadcast or use information acquired through the services provided by this Website without the prior consent of the Website for use or tprovide tother parties. Members are prohibited from engaging in any of the following in relation tthe use of the services of this Website.
- Use of the IDs of other members
- Actions engaged in the purpose of criminal activities or related tcriminal activities
- Behavior that undermines social morals and social orders
- Actions that may defame or insult others
- Actions that violate rights such as intellectual property rights of others
- Hacking or planting computer viruses
- Repeatedly transmitting the same contents such as advertisements against the will of others
- All actions that may interrupt the safe operation of services, or altering information posted on the Website
- Actions that violate Telecommunications Act 53 and Telecommunication Business Act Enforcement Ordinance Article 16 (Seditious Communication), and Telecommunications Business Act Article 53-3
Part 4 Others
- Article 16 (Property of Website)
The intellectual property rights and other rights related to the services, related software, images, marks, logos, designs, service name, information and trademarks provided by the Website are the properties of the Office. Unless specifically stated otherwise, you may not edit, rent, lease, sell, distribute, produce, transfer, relicense, set as collateral, or use for commercial uses the above stated properties in whole or in part, and you may not allow third parties to engage in any of the above activities.
- Article 17 (Prohibition of Transfer)
Members may not transfer, give or use as collateral the usage rights of the services or other entitlements of the usage contract.
- Article 18 (Indemnities)
The Website shall not be held responsible for any damages to members in relation to the services that are provided free of charge unless the Website is intentionally engaged in criminal behavior.
- Article 19 (Exemptions)
This Website is not responsible to represent or guarantee any opinions or information expressed in the services and does not approve, oppose or abridge opinions expressed by members or third parties. The Website shall not be held responsible for any profits or damages acquired by depending on the information provided in the services by members for any reason or case. The website shall not be held responsible for any transaction of goods or cash between members or between a member and a third party using the services as a medium for such. Furthermore, the Website shall not be held responsible for any expected profits in relation to the use of these services.
- Article 20 (Court of Jurisdiction))
In the event that lawsuits are filed for disputes that may occur in relation to the use of these services, the court of jurisdiction shall be the court in which the Office is located.
(Enforcement Date) This agreement shall be effective as of April 29, 2013.